Emergency Appointments & Clinical Navigation
We believe that you will get the best care if you see your regular GP or Nurse in a routine appointment. We do however provide a limited number of emergency appointments each day for medical conditions that need urgent attention. There is currently a high demand for emergency appointments and so we are introducing a telephone triage system run by the Nurse Practitioners from the 13 th March 2017.
If you have an urgent medical problem, we ask that you ring the surgery at 8am, a receptionist will take your details, along with a brief description of the medical problem. You will receive a ring back, in a timely manner from a Nurse Practitioner who will be able to assess your medical need and decide how best to help. This may be by booking a face to face consultation with a clinician that day or by managing the problem over the telephone where appropriate with advice and in some cases a prescription.
There will be no walk in service at Derrydown Clinic.
Please be aware this service is for urgent medical problems only. Medication requests and blood results should be managed by our receptionists in the usual way.
Please help us by –
- Only using this service when you have a condition that cannot wait for a routine appointment.
- Using the website for repeat sick note requests.
- Making good use of reliable online self help advice.
- Using the ‘Ask a Question’ facility on the website.
- Booking a telephone appointment to discuss a condition if appropriate with your GP on Advanced Nurse Practitioner.